Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Put a healthy spin on a family favourite and make this chicken lasagna recipe. With less saturated fat, you’ll be happy and so will your family’s tummies.
1. Lower in fat than regular lasagna.
2. Packed with flavour.
3. Enjoy leftovers for lunch.
500g minced chicken, cooked (or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced)
2 cups grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
8 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 pot fat-free cottage cheese
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
12 lasagna sheets
1 capsicum (any colour), diced
8 basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 jar tomato pasta sauce
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and saute the onion and capsicum in one tablespoon of olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the chicken to the pan and set to one side.
3. Prepare a baking dish by rubbing a little olive oil around the base and edges with a paper towel and spoon about half a cup of the tomato sauce onto the bottom.
4. Add the herbs, cayenne and garlic salt to the cottage cheese and mix well.
5. Now layer four lasagna sheets on top of the tomato sauce, followed by one third of the cottage cheese, a third of the chicken, a third of the remaining sauce, a third of the mozzarella and a third of the parmesan. Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
6. Place in the oven and cook uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and golden brown.
7. Serve with green salad or steamed green beans and broccoli.