Cough Relief: How to Get Rid of a Bad Cough with This Homemade Syrup
It is the season of flu and cold, and coughing is undoubtedly the most annoying obstacle in having a normal and peaceful day. It occurs as a defensive system the body use to get rid of toxins in respiratory tract.
You can buy different syrups and cough-relieving medicines, but still, natural syrups are more efficient, they are easy to prepare and anyone can afford this gift of nature.
The powerful ingredients in this remedy are common everyday items. Yet they work together to create a potent remedy for cold symptoms. It’s definitely worth trying before turning to the medicine cabinet once again during the winter period.
- 1½ cups organic raw honey
- ½ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1-5 organic lemons, juiced (the more the better)
- 1 tbs. grated ginger
- Add honey, olive oil, grated ginger and lemon juice to a small pot.
- Heat over medium heat just until steaming, stirring.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place into a jar with a lid.
- Store in the refrigerator
- Take 1 tablespoon warmed as needed.