Double Chocolate Banana Bread
If you are a great fan of chocolate and like bananas as well, then this recipe is all you need. Using chocolate chips here makes the difference in both looks and taste, and it will be best banana bread you have ever tried. Prepare this tasty adventure and enjoy it in the company of family and friends.
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas or about 1½ cup mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C.
- Grease a bread pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well incorporated. Add banana, eggs, and sour cream; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix at low speed until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted; stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add 1 cup of the batter to chocolate and stir so that it’s well combined.
- Spoon the white batter first in the greased pan, then the chocolate batter, and swirl batters together with a knife. Or you can just spoon a layer of white batter, then a layer of chocolate batter, then white batter, then chocolate and so on but if you stir a little you’ll get a nicer bread.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and continue cooling on a wire rack.