Feel Bloated? This is Why and What You Should Do to Relieve Constipation and Bloating in Few Minutes
Do you regularly suffer from bloated stomach? You can have this problem treated naturally. Before you find out how to solve bloating, it will be best to find out which are the leading foods and reasons that cause this problem.
- Dairy Products – These foods can easily cause the problem of gas and bloating. You should consume milk, yogurt and cheese in limited amounts. It will be better to drink coconut milk, soy milk, flax milk or almond milk.
- Broccoli, Asparagus & Cabbage – We all know the nutritious benefits of these foods. But they have a kind of sugar called raffinose that causes gas. This sugar remains undigested as long as it doesn’t reach the large intestine. So you should not overindulge in these veggies.
- Beans – They have a kind of sugar called oligosaccharide that our body cannot digest. It will be best to soak dry them before they are cooked. This helps in getting rid of some of the sugars.
- Apples & Pears – Both these fruits have high amounts of soluble fiber. But if you have sensitive stomach, you cannot tolerate the fiber. You should eat these fruits in moderation.
- Gums & Hard Candies – Whenever you chew or suck gums or hard candies, you keep swallowing. Thus, you will be swallowing lots of air. They contain artificial sweeteners and consuming them can result in gastrointestinal problems.
- Salty Foods – You may love these salty foods but they have sodium in them. Sodium causes your body to preserve water. You should reduce the amount of salt you take. Keep the limit to less than 2,300 mg per day.
- Carbonated Beverages – Avoid or reduce the amount of beer and soda you take because they have carbon dioxide and cause bloating.
Treating Bloating Naturally
Here are some natural remedies that can effectively reduce bloating because of their digestive healing benefits. Gas, bloating and constipation are often caused because of poor diet, inadequate amount of good bacteria in your gut, and even stress. Although such conditions may not be dangerous, they leave you feeling extremely uncomfortable and bad.
You can use fennel and fennel seeds for reducing gas and bloating. These benefits from their property to work as antispasmodic agents in your colon. They help in relaxing the smooth muscles of your digestive tract. They also stimulate bile flow and minimize the pain caused by digestion.
2. Caraway Seeds
These seeds help prevent gas creation while also helping in removing gas. This is because of the carminative properties. They also help in promoting the growth of good bacteria within the gut. This is beneficial for flat stomach.
Ginger has an enzyme zingibain that is capable of digesting protein. Due to this enzyme’s functions, ginger helps you get relief from the symptoms of gastrointestinal problems. It is beneficial in both getting rid of gas and reducing bloating.
Pineapple is also like ginger in that it has the protein digesting enzyme. It not only helps in improving digestion, it also minimizes the chances of forming gas and bloating. Besides, the fruit has wonderful anti-inflammatory benefits. It also helps in reducing stomach bloating.
5. Peppermint Tea
It is great for the smooth muscles of your Gastrointestinal tract because it is as relaxing agent. Studies show that peppermint tea is also great effective in improving irritable bowel syndrome.
6. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile has so many positive benefits that make it a highly effective remedy against bloating and various digestive problems. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, carminative properties, and also soothes the mucous membranes on your digestive tract. Chamomile also helps in reducing stress and making your feel relaxed. Stress is one of the major causes behind digestive problems in so many people. It is also great for young kids as it helps get relief from diarrhea.
Papaya is also highly effective when it comes to reducing bloating. It has an enzyme called papain that digests protein and fights gas and bloating. The fruit is also great in killing intestinal parasites and worms which cause bloating.
Raw parsley can be used not only for fresh breath, but also for improving digestion. This is because it is a natural diuretic. It helps in getting rid of excess salt accumulation in your body. It not only helps in reducing too much water weight, it also reduces the problem of gas and bloating.
9. Lemon & Apple Cider Vinegar
You can also get relief from bloated stomach by using lemon or apple cider vinegar. These remedies help in stimulating digestive juices and your body is able to digest nutrients more effectively. You can take apple cider vinegar by diluting 1 to 2 tsp of it in 1 cup of water. Lemon can be used by squeezing juice from half or one lemon in a quart of water and drinking it.