Gingerbread Eggnog Cocktail That Will Melt Your Heart !
Everyone’s favorite holiday drink gets boozy and a little spicy.
Wintertime holidays are basically all about gingerbread. From the day after Thanksgiving until New Year’s Eve we’re building houses out of it, decorating cookie men, turning it into fudge, and slicing the spiced cake at all meals. But one thing we’re forgetting—and totally shouldn’t be—is putting it to work in Christmastime cocktails.
That’s where this baby comes in: The Gingerbread Eggnog White Russian. That’s right, there’s also eggnog (a.k.a everyone’s favorite holiday drink) in this gorgeous glass—plus a splash of Kahlua, hint of ground ginger, and spoonful of molasses. But the best part about these sweet-yet-slightly-spiced sips might not be the ingredients but how simple they are to toss together.
In just three quick steps you can start serving the best damn Christmas cocktail you and your guests have ever toasted to. After shaking your liquor, eggnog, and ginger-molasses together with ice, rim glasses with cinnamon-sugar, then serve with a dollop of whipped cream. (We chose a coupe glass to get that delish toppling effect with the whip and irresistible molasses drip.) It’s seriously that easy.
We promise that after you serve a round of these dessert-like drinks, no one will remember that you burned the bottoms of your sugar cookies or totally flubbed up that potentially picture-perfect gingerbread house.
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon for rimming glasses
- 2 tsp. sugar for rimming glasses
- 4 oz. eggnog
- 4 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. Kahlua
- 3 tsp. 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- Whipped cream for topping
- Molasses drizzle for topping
- Mix cinnamon and sugar, then pour onto a plate. Wet rims of each glass and dip them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour eggnog, vodka, Kahlua, molasses, and ginger. Shake to combine.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, then add a light drizzle of molasses.