How To Make An Apple Cider Vinegar Soak To Treat Arthritis And Joint Pain
Arthritis can be debilitating. If you are used to being active, dealing with chronic inflammation, pain, and stiffness in your fingers, hands, knees, elbows, hips, jaw, or essentially any other joint in your body, can stop you in your tracks.
It can feel like life is always on ‘hold.’ And depending on how severely the arthritis has affected your joints, its can be chronic and extremely painful, or only mild and manageable pain at times.
While there are several different approaches to treating arthritis, most include pain medication for the inflammation, a lot of rest and constant physical therapy.
Sometimes, though, despite all of this, the pain can become so excruciating you would try just about anything to make it stop.
Well, nature may have just the answer—Apple cider vinegar. As the name suggests, this effervescent, tart vinegar is made from fermented apples. It has actually been recognized as the most effective natural remedy for arthritis pain for thousands of years.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Relieve Arthritis Pain?
1. ACV is full of specific enzymes and acids that stimulate digestion so your body can absorb the essential minerals and nutrients required for healthy joints.
2. When your body is depleted in minerals, it can aggravate your joint pain, ACV is high in calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous, all the necessary minerals for optimal joint health.
3. The levels of magnesium in ACV are necessary in order for your bones to absorb the calcium that is needed for bone strength.
4. ACV is rich in antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage that leads to degenerative tissue damage.
5. ACV can help relieve your pain and stiffness by dissolving the built-up acid crystals in your joints.
6. ACV contains pectin, acetic acid, and mallic acid, which help absorb toxins and flush them out of your body, thereby reducing any metabolic waste stored in your connective tissues.
7. ACV helps alkalinize your body, which helps alleviate inflammation.