How to Make Homemade Mosquito Repellent?
How to make homemade spray to keep mosquitoes away?
Enjoying the beautiful summer days can often be spoiled by boring mosquitoes which can drive you crazy. To deal with this problem you usually buy different chemicals that can actually be harmful to health, especially for children who have sensitive skin.
If you want to avoid chemicals, you can do naturally cheaper and efficient solution that keeps mosquitoes away from you. We represent you recipe for natural spray against mosquitoes.
Homemade Basil Mosquito Repellent
Tormented by mosquitos? Basil has long been used to keep the little biters away. Here’s how to make your own herbal spray at home.
- 1 heaping cup fresh basil leaves
- 10 drops basil essential oil
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Place the basil leaves in a glass container and pour the boiling water over the top
2. Allow the leaves to steep for around three hours.
3. Squeeze as much of the liquid as you can from the leaves. Pour this liquid into a spray bottle, and add in the apple cider vinegar. At the end add the essential oil. Shake and apply anywhere the skeeters are biting.
This recipe is intended for both adults and children. If you want to achieve stronger effect (for adults only) replace the apple cider vinegar with medical alcohol or vodka.