Make This Easy Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup to Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
Inflammation can generally affect your body in so many ways. It could be in your joints causing swelling and pain such as in gout, arthritis and rheumatism conditions.
It can also affect your organs such as your lungs causing respiratory problems like asthma. You can also have an inflammation of your bowels and other parts of your body system leading to chronic diseases like multiple sclerosis.
Inflammation can be taken care of by simple dietary and lifestyle changes. You can desist from consuming processed and refined foods, you should also avoid a sedentary lifestyle as well as smoking and excessive alcohol drinking habits.
The reason for this is that your body’s acidity will be increased and when this occurs the toxic build up and uric acid accumulation will lead to inflammation and subsequently the health problems highlighted earlier.
So What Do You Do To Take Care Of Inflammation?
A change in your dietary choices will go a long way in dealing with inflammation in your body and as a result you will reduce your risk of health complications due to the inflammation.
A superfood you can use in your meals today that has very potent anti-inflammatory properties is turmeric.
What Are The Benefits Of Turmeric?
In the Ayurvedic medical field turmeric is a very important herb because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Turmeric will lower the level of those inflammatory cytokines in the body and at the same time raising the anti-inflammation cytokines of your body system.
Your digestive issues can be resolved using turmeric. It is known to be effective in the treatment of ulcers and even Crohn’s disease.
The antioxidant properties of turmeric will destroy free radicals and this is good in combating colon, melanoma, breast and leukemia cancer.
What Of Black Pepper?
When you combine black pepper with turmeric you will have an even more effective remedy. Black pepper is rich in its active component known as piperine.
This component will raise the ability of your body to absorb the turmeric. Black pepper will also aid your digestion and its antioxidants will help fight free radicals in your body and reduce your risk of cancer.
How Does Tomato Benefit Your Body?
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants which as mentioned earlier will prevent cancer. The lycopene in tomatoes gives it the red colour but more importantly it helps to prevent heart disease and it does so by reducing your cholesterol levels while lowering your blood pressure.
The Turmeric, Black Pepper And Tomato Soup Recipe
You can make this soup in just 15 minutes.
Here’s what you need
- Tomatoes – 3/4 cup
- Canned diced tomatoes – 1 can (you will use the sauce)
- Vegetable stock (low sodium) – 1/2 cup
- Onion (minced) – 1
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 2
- Turmeric powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Basil (dried) – 1 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper (freshly ground) – pinch
- Get the garlic and the onion fried in your coconut oil and over a medium heat for 60 seconds.
- Next you need to add the tomatoes and turmeric and boil until your tomatoes are cooked and soft.
- You can include tomatoes, basil, ACV and stock, let it boil.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and let it simmer.
- Take it down and let it cool at room temperature, then let it be blended in a blender until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add your pepper and salt and it’s ready to consume.