Potato Salad with a Tangy Garlic Mustard Vinaigrette
Light and Refreshing Potato Salad, with a Tangy Garlic Mustard Vinaigrette
– 1kg potatoes, washed and chopped
– 8 spring onions, finely chopped
– 6 tbsp freshly snipped chives, finely chopped
– A small bunch of parsley, finely chopped (optional)
For The Vinaigrette
1 tsp sea salt
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3 tbsp spoon wholegrain mustard
3 tblsp balsamic vinegar
2 tblsp white wine vinegar
90ml olive oil
Black pepper, to taste
1. To Make the Dressing: Coarsely crush the salt with a mortar and pestle. Add the garlic, crushing it to form a puree* (See note),
2. Add the mustard and ensure it is fully combined with the garlic puree by moving the pestle in circular motions. Next, add the black pepper and the vinegars and mix them in the same way.
3. Add the oil and transfer to an old jam jar. Shake, with the lid on, until combined.
4. To Make The Salad: Steam the potatoes over a pan of boiling water, covered with a lid, for 20-25 minutes (or until tender). Remove from heat and set aside for ten minutes.
5. Add the finely chopped spring onions, chives and parsley (if using) and toss the salad to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
6. Pour the vinaigrette over the potato mixture and serve immediately.
– If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can simply combine the vinaigrette ingredients in an old jam jar and shake well to combine (making sure the garlic is crushed first).