This is The Reason Why They Give Gelatin to Sick People in Hospitals: When You Find out The Reason, You Will Be Surprised
Before we start with this article, I would like to ask you a simple question – do you know what’s gelatin?
Here’s what you need to know – gelatin is largely composed of the amino acids glycine and proline, which many people don’t consume in adequate amounts as they are found in the bones, fibrous tissues and organs of animals and as a population, we don’t consume these parts as much anymore. These amino acids are needed not only for proper skin, hair and nail growth, but for optimal immune function and weight regulation!Glycine, which makes up about 1/3 of the amino acids in gelatin powder is anti-inflammatory and evidence is finding that it can help speed wound healing. Glycine in gelatin can also help improve sleep ease and quality.
Why they give jello to sick people in hospitals?
Well, the answer is that it is considered as a “clear liquid” just as water, tea, juice, broth, etc. Hospitals use it because the stomachs of people who are recovering can’t handle anything rich, and jello is one of the easiest foods for your body to digest.
Icky tummies need to intake calories in a way which will not cause a sick person distress. And Jello is a great way to intake the needed calories as it has high content of sugar. Also, Jello is easy to digest and having something easy to digest is essential if you are in the process of recovery.
Gelatin will enhance gastric acid secretion and restore a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach, thus improving the gut integrity and digestive strength. Nowadays, impaired gut barrier and low stomach acid are the two most common digestive problems.
Gelatin has the ability to keep fluid in the digestive tract, absorb water, and promote healthy bowel movements and good intestinal transit.
Health Benefits of Gelatin
- Gelatin is packed with protein; it contains 6 grams in 1 tablespoon. It is a great way to add more protein to your diet.
- It can help in the healing of food allergies and intolerances – You can heal the lining of your stomach and digestive tract by adding gelatin to your diet.
- Gelatin can improve the health of your bones and joints due to its high content of amino acids which have the ability to prevent weakness and degeneration of cartilage in joints.
- Gelatin can improve digestion due to the fact that it can naturally bind to water and help food move through the digestive tract more easily.
- Gelatin can help your body eliminate toxins – the glycine in gelatin helps the liver to effectively remove toxins from our system.
- Gelatin contains keratin, which can improve the condition of your hair, teeth, and nails.
- As we said before, glycine has potent anti-inflammatory properties, so the gelatin is highly effective for speeding up the healing process of wounds.
- Gelatin can help with weight loss and boost your metabolism. Experts claim that it can also increase the production of Human Growth Hormone.
- It can improve the elasticity of your skin. The consumption of gelatin will improve the look of your skin due to the fact that gelatin is essentially cooked down collagen.
- Gelatin has the ability to improve the quality of your sleep. According to a recent study, the amino acid glycine not only will improve your sleep, but it will improve your cognitive function.
Delicious Homemade Jelly – Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of green tea
- 1 cup of grape juice or fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Honey or stevia
Initially, you need to cook the green tea and add some stevia and honey. Next, add the unflavored gelatin, and mix until it is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Then, add the orange and the grape juice and make sure to mix them well. Pour the resulting mixture into a container and put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.