Top Reasons Coconut Kefir Water is the Most Healing Beverage on the Earth
Coconut water kefir is actually coconut water that has been fermented. It contains extremely high levels of minerals, vitamins and electrolytes and that’s the reason why it is considered to be a rich probiotic drink.
Some of the vitamins and minerals contained in this drink are: Riboflavin, beta carotene, Niacin, Thiamin, pantothenic acid, folates and vitamins B6, A, E, C and K.
Another advantage of this drink compared to regular kefir is that it doesn’t contain problematic substances such as casein and lactose that regular dairy has.
This means that your body will process the probiotic benefits faster and in a better way. Since it has a much more potent effect on the digestive system than any other dairy food, the coconut water kefir is considered to be the most helpful probiotic drink.
As we already know dairy products form acids and a lot of people can’t handle them. In addition, the main electrolytes and minerals in the coconut water are the same as those in the human blood.
Health Benefits of coconut water kefir
- If you have sugar cravings, by consuming coconut water kefir they will soon disappear.
- It improves your immune system.
- It improves digestion.
- It enhances hydration.
- It increases your energy levels.
- It is also beneficial in clearing your skin.
- It improves your metabolism.
- The pathogenic yeasts in the body are destroyed
- It improves vision
- It is a great source of dietary minerals such as chloride, natural sodium and potassium.
- It cleanses the endocrine system.
- It eases PMS.
The recipe for Coconut Water Kefir
There are three possible ways to make coconut water kefir:
- Use existing kefir as a starter;
- Use a kefir starter culture;
- Use kefir grains.
Making water kefir with grains is the easiest! You will need kefir grains (water or milk kefir grains). This method is more economical since the grains multiply fast which means you’ll always have them on hand.
- fresh coconut water – 7 cups
- water kefir grains – 5 tablespoons
- Add 8 cups of coconut water to your 1/2 gallon jar.
- Put the water kefir grains in the coconut water. Cover and let it sit for 48 hours (no longer). Don’t let it ferment too long because it may explode.
- After being fermented, the coconut water will become lighter in color. When the kefir grains are done culturing they will rise up to the top. Remove the kefir grains when the process of culturing is finished. You can use the grains immediately for a new batch or you can put them in water and store them in the fridge.